Meth Lab & Tear Gas Decon

In Person two-day course: TBD      On-Line Course:  $699.00


Course Introduction:

Although many chemicals used in drug labs are also commonly found in homes, they are not usually combined in the way needed to create a clandestine laboratory. Health effects from exposure to these chemicals depends on the quantity and nature of the chemicals present, the length of exposure, and the personal health of the persons exposed, but these hazardous residues can result in health problems for anyone who subsequently uses the property. Most health departments agree that the safest way to clean up a former illegal drug lab is to hire a company that is an expert in this field. Another chemical hazard that requires a professional to remediate, is tear gas. There are a variety of these chemical irritant products used by law enforcement and others that require special knowledge to remediate properly. This course gives you that knowledge.

Course Description:

This two-day course begins with an introduction to the world of the meth user, identifies what meth looks like, and what it takes to make it. The Meth Lab Decontamination Training program then delves deep into the contamination associated with the cooking of methamphetamine and what dangers result from that cooking. All the latest types of production methods are explored. Students will be taught how to survey the site, test for contaminants and write a work plan prior to decon, with the remainder of the course concentrating on the decontamination process. Technicians will also need to complete a 40-hour HAZMAT/HAZWOPR technician course on their own to meet Federal and State requirements.
The tear gas cleanup portion of the program deals with the various types of chemical irritants, which materials in the home can be salvaged, and how to properly decontaminate the contents as well as the building structure.

This course includes instruction on the use of all equipment and chemicals. A certificate is awarded to graduates, and Continuing Education Units (or CEU’s) may apply from some associations and organizations